CUSTOMER SERVICE JOB AT MARCUS TODAY
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE IN A CLIENT SERVICES ROLE – FULL OR PART TIME
Marcus Today is on the lookout for two experienced full-time or part-time (3 days a week) client services professionals to join our close-knit and friendly team. We are based in Cheltenham (Bayside) Melbourne.
Unfortunately, Riley is off to America on a three-year sporting Scholarship, an opportunity he can't refuse, forcing us to replace him.
The Client Services Officer (customer service person) will be on point looking after Marcus Today Members along with Chichi and Karishma.
We are looking for anyone with energy and interest and whilst we will post this job advertisement more generally I would like to appeal to you our Members, even if you are currently retired, to think about applying. Bob retired five times – four of them from Marcus Today (that's a lot of gold watches Bob!)
In the past, we have had great success employing mature Members in this role that not only have an understanding of the newsletter already, but have a naturally patient and polite approach to dealing with our most prized asset, our Members.
Whoever you are, if you think this role will suit you we are very keen to hear from you. We are just as happy to consider two people in the role and possibly two people working three days a week each and overlapping for a day (Wednesday?).
Marcus Today is a financial services company, producing one of Australia’s leading stock market newsletters. We are in a highly scalable business. Apart from subscription products (the Marcus Today newsletter) we also manage funds (approaching $100m under management) and offer educational courses. Founded by respected stockbroker and market professional Marcus Padley in 1998, we are entering an exciting growth phase over the next few years.
The Client Services Officer(s) will be responsible for nurturing and growing the most valuable part of our business – our Membership base. This role is client-focused and you will become an integral part of the Sales & Marketing team. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service under the motto “Building a Community of Better Investors”.
We are not interested in hard selling skills, we’re looking for relationship builders! Confidence on the phone and in your dealings with our Members is essential. Sales skills are a bonus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage incoming calls and email enquiries
- Make outgoing calls to prospective members (no cold calling)
- Assist current members to renew their subscription
- Answer detailed product and service questions
- Identifying and fulfilling customer needs to achieve satisfaction
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions
- Process customer accounts and file necessary documents in the system
- Provide administrative support to the team
- Provide support on event days
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and friendly phone manner
- Sales experience a bonus
- Experience with Hubspot highly regarded
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Ability to retain and recall important information
- Capacity to work independently and proactively
- High aptitude for following communication guidelines, procedures, and policies
- Basic data entry knowledge
- Positive attitude and a team player
- An interest in finance and the stock market will be looked upon favourably
What’s on offer:
- Collaborative and friendly team culture
- Competitive remuneration
- Part-time or Full-time employment
- Complimentary access to all Marcus Today products
- Spacious offices in Cheltenham, only a five-minute drive to the beach and Southland Shopping Centre
If you are passionate about going above and beyond to provide customers with exceptional experiences, we want to hear from you. Click Apply to submit your resume.
Mature workers are encouraged to apply.
For a confidential discussion, contact Chris Conway at email@example.com for a preliminary chat or with any immediate questions.
Please Note: We are looking for either one or two full-time employees, or two part-time employees that could share duties over the week. If you are looking for a part-time role, please, still submit your resume.
Thank you for your interest.