HOW TO BE READY FOR THE NEXT OPPORTUNITY…
To be ready for the next opportunity you need to:
- Be prepared: Read the Marcus Today newsletter
- Be hyper-vigilant: We do that for you. Just read the newsletter each day.
- Make no grand (unmakeable) predictions about the future: This is how some investors think the market works – it is not. It is called guessing.
- Re-assess daily: Re-assess whether your asset allocation and stock selection are right. A lot of work for investors. Again, let us do the leg work for you. You just need to read the newsletter.
- Sell easily: Most investors find this extremely hard having been indoctrinated by the sanctimonious Buffetesque sycophants that investment is about fundamentals and the long term, and that is that, the only way to do it. It’s not.
- Be flexible of mind: Don’t get set in your opinion. Don’t be a bull or a bear. It suggests a pre-conceived inflexibility, which sets you up to be wrong half the time. You need to move with the herd, not put a stake in the ground. You will get run over.
- Not fear a sell-off: We know this could all fall over in an instant, however, we do not fear a sell-off just because the market has gone up; we remain focused and ready to manage it, if it is required.